Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's big weight loss numbers on the scale.Or something like that.
I've been working very hard and eating well for a month. I did not expect to lose massive amounts of weight overnight. I know that 1-2 pounds a week is recommended. I know that losing 8.4 pounds in 4 weeks is something to get excited about. (And I am THRILLED!!) If I keep up this rate, I'll be 100 pounds lighter by New Year's Day 2014.
That said, it's tough when I log into MFP and I see people (also over 100 pounds overweight) who started the same time I did (4 weeks ago) who have already lost 20 pounds (or more!). I am thrilled for them. Really, I am. I don't want to take their success away. I just want to join them there. I always hear about a great 1st week weigh in. My weigh ins have all been about 2 pounds less than the week before.
But, I will be content. And I will keep going. I will not give up. And I will drop the remaining excess weight. It might take 18 months. It might take longer. But I won't give up. Instead, I will celebrate my victories.
In the past 30 days I have:
- Walked 50 miles (exercise miles)
- I have taken over 230,000 steps (roughly 117 miles total)
- I have completed 6 Zumba clases (and mostly kept up!)
- I have lost 8.4 pounds
- I have run 24 minutes (one minute at a time while doing C25K)
- I have lost about 3" from my waist, 2" from my chest, and 2" from my hips
- I have walked through the first 9 books of the Bible (listening to the audio version while I walk.)
- I have organized an exercise class (Zumba) at my office, and almost everyone has participated at least once--and plans to join us as often as possible.
- I have learned to like (not just tolerate) carrots.
- I have drained my 32 ounce water bottle at least 3 times a day (=12 glasses of water)
- I have had an average of one 12 ounce Pepsi per day (down from 2-3 64 ounce fountain cups a day.)
I may have "only" lost 8.4 pounds, but I am on my way to regaining my life!