I mentioned that I am participating in a 7 week program called Faithful Finish Lines. Between now and Tax Day (April 15th) I will be working on getting my head back on track with my healthy living goals.
This week, our first challenge was to look at what we are eating. I didn't do well--with the eating or the recording. I've been doing a lot of emotional eating and mindless eating this week. And I've had way too much sugar. (Full disclosure: I ate two slices of chocolate pound cake as I was typing this!) I planned to record my food on My Fitness Pal, but I didn't. I have a love/hate relationship with journaling. I know it is good overall, but I tend to get obsessive with the tools. When I first started losing weight, I spent so much time focusing on how much I was eating and how many calories I was burning.
My goals for the next 7 weeks:
- Decrease my 5K (3.1 mile) personal record (PR) from 46:04 to under 45 minutes.
- Increase water consumption
- Decrease Diet Coke consumption (work on eliminating it for good!)
- Run at least 2 times a week.
- Other workout at least 3 times a week.
I got off to slow start this week, but I am going to renew my focus.