It's funny how you wait and wait and wait for something that seems like it will never happen. And then all of sudden it's here.
I am so grateful to the friends, family, and co-workers who have encouraged me along the way. Every like, comment, and share has encouraged me to keep going.
I am humbled and amazed at the people who half reached into their wallets to help make this dream a reality. Among my sponsors;
- People I went to church with may years ago and people I go to church with now.
- People I sing in the choir with and people I've served in other ministries with.
- People I met on-line first and people I have never met in real life.
- A cousin by birth and a cousin by marriage.
- A former missionary a family headed to the mission field.
- My boss and my entire work unit.
- Even my dentist! (He's also from my church and my choir!)
One friend got this whole journey started by offering me a week in her condo and paying my registration.
People have offered me training advice.
Someone loaned me a jog stroller so I could keep training with Sweet Pea.
My co-workers encouraged me to go to gym when I didn't feel like it.
My doctor has been monitoring my progress and cheering me on.
I have at least four people driving in to cheer me across the finish line.
I am truly blessed. And I am excited to represent all of you as I cross the finish line on Saturday.