- May 12th -- Successfully ran my first half marathon. My oldest brother Shawn--my inspiration to get healthy and lose weight--was at my finish line.
- May 19th --returned to work
- May 29th -- headed back to California--this time with my 3 kids
- June 2nd -- celebrated my Mama's 80th birthday with all 7 siblings
- June 5th -- returned to work
- June 9th -- my oldest brother had a massive stroke
- June 12th -- my brother Shawn was moved to hospice care
- June 20th --my brother died
- June 27th -- my brother's funeral (watched via Facebook)
- August -- family made decision to move Mama to Roswell, New Mexico (where I live) where she will live in a one bedroom senior living facility.
- September 18 -- Mama arrived in New Mexico (after a crazy day visiting 5 airports in 4 states after the sky cap took Mama to baggage claim instead of her connecting flight). She moved into my house for the next couple of weeks or so.
- September 25 -- interviewed for my dream job
- October 6 -- My sister Linda arrived to help get Mama settled in her new apartment. Unfortunately, Mama's truck had not yet arrived.
- October 11 --Mama's first night in her new apartment.
- October 12 -- took Linda to Albuquerque to visit our brother Brian before flying home.
- October 17 -- Mama's truck arrived. Had it unloaded into a storage unit. Began taking a few boxes a day to Mama's apartment.
- October 29th -- received official offer and accepted my new job.
And somewhere along the way my blog got hacked. It was redirecting to another site. I couldn't figure out how to fix it.
As you can tell, life has been hectic. Along the way--especially after my brother's stroke--I fell completely off the wagon.
Well...that's not even accurate.
For about two months, I have been trying to climb back on the wagon. But it keeps rolling away. Tomorrow is my new start date. More on that later.